a press release released on Thursday, the stats are based on 1,202 Americans individuals, who were asked about their familiarity and interest in cryptocurrencies on August 29 and 30. The poll results suggest:
- 79 percent of respondents are familiar with at least one type of cryptocurrency,
- Bitcoin takes the title of the most well-known cryptocurrency in America with 71 percent respondents saying they have heard of it.
- Ether was crowned the second-best known cryptocurrency but with only 13 percent of respondents saying they have heard of it.t.
According to the full in-depth results,
- 87 percent of the individuals who have heard of bitcoin has not mined, bought or sold the cryptocurrency. Additionally, half of this group isn’t inclined towards investing in bitcoins.
- Within the age group of 18 to 34, 19 percent of respondents are “very interested” in using cryptocurrencies primarily, while 29 percent being “somewhat interested.” Notably, A marginal 50 percent of millennials openly rejected the idea of primarily using cryptocurrencies as a payment method.
- In other age demographics, only 36 percent of respondents expressed their interest in using cryptocurrencies as a payment method.
An interesting observation drawn was that a quarter of all respondents thinks that cryptocurrencies are still used mainly for illegal purchases, 19 percent believes they are being used equally for legal and illegal purchases. While just 17 percent of respondents think cryptocurrencies are mostly used for legal purchases.